The DL Chronicles tells the stories of men of color who by consequence and by choice, live sexually duplicitous and secret lifestyles also known as, The Down Low. The former series is making an independent return after a four year hiatus from the big and small screens
The DL Chronicles is back with ALL NEW stories!
WHAT WE’RE DOING?
We are offering the fans and supporters the opportunity to assist in bringing back The DL Chronicles with all NEW episodes! We are excited and ready to share a new direction for the show with ALL NEW stories, ones that entertain, scintillate, inspire, and CHANGE. YOU, the supporters, can be the producers!
This is our 2014 fund-raising effort. We are excited to say that our 2012 fund-raising endeavor was successful at funding the NEW film, Thomas, which premiered in Hollywood, CA on March 22nd to rave reviews and a sold out crowd at the historic Grauman’s Egyptian Theater! Episode Thomas is now airing on demand internationally on Vimeo On Demand. We are extremely grateful to the individuals and companies who showed their unwavering support towards that goal.
Nonetheless, we have five more EXCITING episodes left to produce to complete this season.
1. Episode Thomas – Completed!
2. Episode Rev. Lee – a tale of faith and sexuality.
3. Episode Big Daddy – a tale of fame and truth.
4. Episode Harvey – a coming of age tale of youth and first love.
5. Episode Jared – a tale of sexuality and identity.
6. Episode X – TBD
We are now seeking a minimum of $250,000 in start-up funding in conjunction with outside sources for the series to enter into production on the remaining episodes! A minimum of $250,000 will help produce the full season; 6 half hour anthology films equaling for DVD and Video On Demand. If we raise significantly above the minimum of $250,000 those funds will go towards the production of a season 3!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
To bring you the stories and the quality that you deserve and have come to know from The DL Chronicles, we simply need funds. Whether you give $5, $10 or more, those donations will pay for a light’s rental, an actors meal, a stack of Kinko’s copies, etc. Every dollar counts in production! We don’t have the muscle of a network behind us but we have the power and desire of the public. The power to create this series is in your reach by giving what you can and sharing your belief in this work with others. Be our producer!
3 SIMPLE ACTS: RENT, FUND, & SHARE
Give what you can, $1, $10. $20, $100, $1000. No amount is too little or too much.
Share this with friends who would be interested in this series.
- Share this on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google and more!
- Share a link to this page on your Blog or in your e-mails.
- Subscribe to our Youtube page @ www.youtube.com/thedlchronicles
- Like our Facebook Page @ www.facebook.com/thedlchronicles
WHERE YOUR FUNDS GO
- Pre-Production (Casting, Location Scouting, Production Insurance, etc.)
- Production ( Cast, Crew, Production Equipment, Location Fees, Costumes, Travel, Catering, etc.)
- Post Production (Editing, Sound Mixing & Design, Scoring and Soundtrack)
- Distribution (Online Distribution Fees, DVD Authoring/Printing, etc.)
- Public Relations & Marketing (Press Releases, Print and Online Advertising, etc.)
WHERE WILL IT AIR?
Thanks to the world wide web we are no longer confined to our TV sets and channels. The DL Chronicles RETURNS is currently not affiliated with any TV network. Our intended distribution avenues are as follows:
- U.S. and International Theatrical Screening Tour in select cities
- VOD (Netflix, Comcast, Blockbuster, Direct TV and more)
- Digital rentals (Vimeo, iTunes, Amazon Prime, and more)
- HD Streaming (Hulu, Xbox, PS3, Youtube, and more)
- DVD/BLU RAY
We believe that the viewing audience has the power to choose the images they want to see. Why should we wait for the networks to continue to undervalue and render us invisible? The funds for this series should come from the people who the series actually impacts. It should come from the thousands of people whose lives these stories portray. It should come from the fans because you have demanded it.
We want the end credits to say FULLY FAN PRODUCED!!!!